1. You need someone to write a letter to. We decided to write to somebody we knew that lived in a different place, not in Iowa City. (Thank you parents for sending in addresses!)
2. We began writing practice letters and envelopes.
3. Get comfortable. Having a friend join you or getting a cup of hot chocolate might be useful in letter writing. Things to consider including in a letter:
4. Sign your name.
4. Fill in your envelope. Have your teacher or an adult help with the mailing and return address.
5. Add your stamp to the top right corner of your envelope.
6. Take your letter to your mailbox or the post office. At Preucil, we are lucky to have Denise in the office help us make sure our letters get in the hands of the mail carrier!
7. Wait for a response. Think about writing more letters!